Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thing 23

I had a really gung ho attitude in the beginning, got frustrated in the middle, and decided to give it my all at the end since I won't be in a BCPL location again until 10/1 after tomorrow! I wasn't going to finish, and decided why stop midway. Go for it, and I did!

I really enjoyed some of the later activities like Web2.0, the Generator, and tagging.

As a part timer, I don't get the opportunity to have interaction with customers as regularly as full time staff, but can see where an introduction to many of the concepts presented throughout the 23 things could be helpful in dealing with the public.

Can't say there were any real unexpected outcomes. Knew there would be some new ideas and concepts presented, and look forward to re-exploring some of them in the future.

Sometimes, I don't think the new concepts were as clearly presented as they could have been. Instructions within some of the areas were confusing, and took several staff persons to figure things out. Clear and explicit directions would have made life easier, especially in Thing 17, sandbox.

I'm not sure I would participate again. As a part time person, I really don't have the extra time to devote to a program as involved as this along with my other branch responsibilities.

No comments: